Want to take my GIS skills into the humanitarian and development sector.

Vous cherchez une association ou une entreprise pour transporter votre matériel vers une destination précise. Vous souhaitez partager vos frais de convoyage avec un partenaire. Espace de synergies, cette catégorie du forum est pour vous.

Modérateurs : Siyanie92, GO

Amywoloz
membre
membre

Want to take my GIS skills into the humanitarian and development sector.

Message non lupar Amywoloz » mer. oct. 30, 2019 3:12 pm

Hello R-GIS

I'm interested in a career taking some of my GIS skills into the humanitarian and development sector to work on policy. I've seen posts on the community talking about choosing between a data-scientist path with more programming and a map design path with adobe illustrator, and I am more interested in the data science path distance from san antonio tx to austin tx 9800 yen to usd. So I'm going to describe what I know about the field

I just returned to the US after spending a year in Jordan which is a major hub of the field. I was able to interview some workers using GIS in the sector. They commented that GIS and data science in general are less utilized in the field, but they are becoming more common. There is a strong interest in many organizations in creating data visualizations, but for many organizations the applications are shallow. They may want a map to show what they've done, rather than using data analysis to inform their policy.
Dernière modification par Amywoloz le lun. nov. 25, 2019 2:40 pm, modifié 1 fois.

GO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Want to take my GIS skills into the humanitarian and development sector.

Message non lupar GO » sam. nov. 02, 2019 7:51 pm

Amywoloz a écrit : mer. oct. 30, 2019 3:12 pm Hello R-GIS

I'm interested in a career taking some of my GIS skills into the humanitarian and development sector to work on policy. I've seen posts on the community talking about choosing between a data-scientist path with more programming and a map design path with adobe illustrator, and I am more interested in the data science path. So I'm going to describe what I know about the field

I just returned to the US after spending a year in Jordan which is a major hub of the field. I was able to interview some workers using GIS in the sector. They commented that GIS and data science in general are less utilized in the field, but they are becoming more common. There is a strong interest in many organizations in creating data visualizations, but for many organizations the applications are shallow. They may want a map to show what they've done, rather than using data analysis to inform their policy.
Hello,
It could very interesting to geolocalized all the information of this website. Some ideas also about the nexus between development and emergency relief.

Private message if you want to collaborate...
Diffusez le réseau autour de vous!!!!